Hi Priscilla,

On Sao Miguel, you need to know an ancestor that was born, married, or died
in 1905 or 1910 or before. It depends on the freguesia.

Let us pretend you have an ancestor who married in 1903 in Vila Franca (Sao
Miguel Arcanjo/Matriz). You go to that marriage book in 1903 (they are
online) and you look for your ancestors names. Once you find them, it will
say that they are the son or daughter of _______. And where they are from.
You follow the paper trail back from there.

Use Tombo.pt to navigate. It's much easier to use than the Centro do
Conhecimento dos Azores (CCA) site. Tombo.pt will link you there once you
are done navigating.

1) Tombo.pt
2) Left column: You can type Vila Franca do Campo in the search box. Or you
can scroll down the left column to Acores, then Sao Miguel, then Vila
Franca do Campo (concelho), then Vila Franca do Campo (itself), then pick
the church.
3) Look for the series or record set: baptism, marriage, or death. Vila
Franca has some indices too for certain time periods. They are a little
hard to use online, but it will definitely save time.
4) Click on what you want and Tombo.pt links you to the book on the CCA
site.

Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada