I was hoping those who known Portuguese better than I do (which is pretty
much everyone...LOL) can help me understand this record.  It involves an
exposto named Luciano.  Is it saying that he was adopted by Maria de Jesus,
wife of Joao Pacheco Grande?

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-FENAISAJUDA-B-1860-1869/SMG-RG-FENAISAJUDA-B-1860-1869_item1/P89.html

Also in the side margin it seems to be saying he is the child of Maria
Pacheco.  Is that correct? Is it inferring that Maria de Jesus is the birth
mother, too, or just someone name Maria Pacheco? What do the numbers after
stand for?

I believe Joao Pacheco Grande is the son of Manoel Pacheco and Marianna
Rosa, and grandson of my ancestors Joao Pacheo and Francisca Theresa.
Maria de Jesus would have been his 3rd wife, Maria de Jesus Pacheco,
daughter of Manoel Pacheco and Anna de Jesus.  (I have not connected them,
but they could be related, too)

Thanks for any help you can offer!