Hello everyone. I am looking for some help in identifying if Monica de
Jesus was a foundling. Below are the records I have found. As you will see,
Monica's lists 3 different couples as her parents. We do know for a fact
that Vitorino only had one wife. My question is if there is any known
reason as to why this would happen.

Monica's baptismal record showing her as an "exposta"

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1870-1879/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1870-1879_item1/P409.html

Monica's and Vitorino's marriage record showing Monica's parents as
"incognitos"

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-C-1890-1899/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-C-1890-1899_item1/P300.html

To here I think everything adds up. This is where it starts to get
confusing.

The first 2 of Monica's and Vitorino's children list the maternal
grandparents as "incognitos"

However, the third and fourth child lists the maternal grandparents as
Maria Julia and Manuel da Costa (Homem)

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1897-1899/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1897-1899_item1/P270.html

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1900-1905/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1900-1905_item1/P379.html

The fifth child list the mother as Maria do Rosario Monica - This record
lists the maternal grandparents as Manuel da Costa Elisa and Maria de Jesus
- (Maria bottom of the page)

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1906-1911/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1906-1911_item1/P86.html

The 6th child, Catharina, shows the mother as Monica Boniface and the
maternal grandparents as Joao Bonifacio and Maria Machado

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1906-1911/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1906-1911_item1/P304.html

The 7th child, Diamantina, shows the mother as Maria do Rosario Monica and
the maternal grandparents as Joao Bonifacio and Maria Machado

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1906-1911/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1906-1911_item1/P567.html