On 16/11/06, Dave Cross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've got a couple of hundred full UK postcodes that I want to convert to
lat/long values. And I thought to myself 1/ Postcoder would be the
perfect tool to do that with and 2/ when I was working on Postcoder
earlier this year there was lots of talk about releasing the API as part
of Backstage. But there were licensing problems.

So I just thought I'd ask if those licensing problems were any nearer to
being solved and whether the Postcoder API was any closer to being made
public.

Or, failing that, what other tools do people use to convert postcodes to
lat/long? It seems to me that the Google Maps GeoCoder object doesn't
understand UK postcodes.

www.nearby.org.uk does brazillions of coordinate conversions and has
REST and SOAP APIs at http://www.nearby.org.uk/api/convert-help.php

Peter