Gordon Joly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> At 10:31 +0100 17/4/07, Ian Forrester wrote:
>>I think it can scale if they open up the queuing system and stick to 
>>charging for SMS's. I think Kosso has the right idea - 
>>http://kosso.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/os-twitter-and-services/
>>
>>---
>>I don't see how twitter can scale....
>>
>>And that was one of my first twitter psotings!
>>
>>Gordo
>>
>>-
>
>
> How will charging affect packets going through routers?

Charging is not necessary... it just has to be designed correctly.

Twitter is just in need of horizontal scaling. Split the namespace
across many servers and it would scale.

No problem.

Which is why I don't understand why they're having some
problems. Well, I do. It's because they're using rails. If you do that
it suggests you don't know what you're doing.

[sits back and waits for everyone to explode with rage]

-- 
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to