Since I'm at home tending a cold, I thought I'd do some reconfiguring of my
"iGoogle" page (that's what they insist on calling the Google personalised
homepage these days - Steve Jobs has a lot to answer for).

I thought I might look at the current BBC News gadgets, and write a nicer
one (which gives the text as well as just the headline).

But - am I alone in finding the BBC News RSS feeds slightly wanting?

The three big items on the BBC News (UK) front page right now are:
- Blaze ravages Cutty Sark
- Fresh clashes in Northern Lebanon
- No 10 defends Hodge housing call

However, the top three items on the BBC News UK front page RSS feed right
now are:
- Lebanon clashes 'kill civilians'
- Cameron attacks grammar 'fantasy'
- Jail term for Khaleda Zia adviser

Essentially, that RSS feed is useless as a feed for "the top three stories
right now".

Is there a way I can get an RSS feed sorted in editorial order, rather than
just time-added order? The top three stories exist on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/ and the top story lives on the Radio 4
website, so it's presumably possible. Indeed,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolpda/ukfs_news/hi/default.stm contains, with the
HRs, exactly what I'd like in my Google Gadget. So is this available for
mere mortals to use?

--
http://james.cridland.net/