Hi James, with the cold,

You are not alone .... I tried a couple of years ago to use the BBC RSS, and just found it had little order. That does not just apply to the BBC, I don't use RSS for anything apart from Wired. At about the same time Mario produced a bot in iChat that could help to "push" information, (TV stuff). Although I do not want a news ticker, and don't want to continually update an open browser page, it would be cool to be able to select certain pages from the news site, and then be automatically updated in a desktop widget when things change, which could happen as a stream in iChat.... but,

As an example, everyday I open the News page, read current stories, then go to the England page..... and select "Herts", "Essex" and "London"..... normally there are very few completely new stories..... but if I don't look then I have no idea. Quite a lot of the time, stories that I have already read are editorially changed, yet it is impossible to keep up.

As a result, I would love a little more "feeding" it would definitely save me a lot of clicks everyday, and in the case of something really interesting happening, I would love to "clear", F1 on my Expose, my screen to reveal a desktop window that shows regularly updated news info from the whole of the BBC...... I saw a hack that changes a Widget from Dashboard to the desktop the other day, so that part is possible.

http://www.mac-help.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363

If the screen could display a mini News page, then it could also include some of the design elements of the original page...... a bit like putting the mobile phone web browser screen on your desktop, but with live updates..... that would be cool.

ATB
RichE