There are some screenscraping websites that will log changes to links in
pages. These could be modified to disregard links that are part of the BBC
page furniture, I suppose. Betsie does this, kind of, to a degree...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/betsie/ (Warning: very, very old page)

Of course, getting the content in state whereby it could be outputted to
different formats is the place to start. This is happening, slowly.