> In the BBCs case - as they are using public funds they need to include
> everyone as an upfront design decision

Believe me, people in the BBC do - across the organisation and on a variety of
projects.  Sometimes things are done for everyone at once, but sometimes you
have to stagger launches.

In my own field - interactive TV - we do it all the time because launching on
three platforms all in one go is ridiculously complicated.  Sometimes you can
do an all-three launch - sometimes its better to sit down and say, right lets
get Freeview out of the door, then do DSat then Cable.  That phased roll out
might be over a few weeks, it might be a few months.  It's going to annoy
people that it is phased, but it might be much easier technically.

To make matters worse, my latest project is all about adding a fourth platform
into the mix :)

<<winmail.dat>>