> > FWIW I think it's a more powerful argument to state that the value of
> > a recording per-se is now tending towards zero, digital tech having
> > removed scarcity from much of the value chain.
> >
> > The business models which recognise this will thrive in the long term.
>
> Redressing things in the discourse of corporate businesses, like this,
> is okay, but can lead to nasty outcomes like thinking that DRM is
> legitimate.

since when has a value chain been the discourse of corporate business?

the BBC operates within a value chain, as does anyone else making
doing stuff what is valued by others - be they acting as citizens or
as consumers

I think you're just incapable of addressing my substantive point. It's
*dead* easy to make anti-DRM arguments using whatever 'discourse' you
choose - the fact you choose to come at it from an angle which is
outside the rule of law is why there are people on this list who now
think you're a pro-DRM advocate in disguise.