I notice Ashley's misleading people again. From his blog-post:
"We do maximise the reach of our services by distributing our content via
closed or prioprietary networks (Virgin Media, Sky, Tiscali TV/HomeChoice,
mobile platforms, etc.)"

The BBC doesn't distribute programs via Sky, it distributes them via the
Astra Satalite using the DRM free DVB-S standard; I don't have to get a sky
subscription to view the BBCs digital satalite content, just a satalite dish
and a decoder box.
Similarly with Virgin Media IIRC the BBC  signal can be picked up using any
old DVB-C decoder. It's not encrypted in either case. I can't comment on the
other platforms he lists, but if he's wrong about the first two why should I
believe him about the others?

Of course, this raises the question, is he misleading deliberately, or just
misinformed? Considering his recent faux pas it's not much of a stretch to
believe he's not only misinformed, terminally so (I ascribe nothing to
malice that can be explained by eveyday incompetence).

Vijay.