News have just done a technical refresh of their studios and AFAIK they have
not put any HD kit in. I've no idea if any will go in before we all move
into new studios in the new BHX in 2012.

By BHX you mean Birmingham, right? (just doublechecking) And is everything
moving for News (studios AND live broadcast coordination, all that stuff,
and not just any one element of it?) Sorry if it's a stupid question, but
I've been following this story very inattentively, shame on me. (One of the
reasons I'm so interested is because it could also work out nicely in my
favour given my planned career path after I've graduated next year). Is
there anywhere where I can find a decent amount of info about any planned
move? (aside from the stuff rumbling around on DS forums)