On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Jim Tonge wrote:

Oh, while I'm on a roll, any plans for a Wii/PS3-friendly interface ? la
Youtube for Television?

iPlayer with Wii-specific UI has existed for ages - or am I missing
the point about Youtube for TV here?

Sorry, was too busy looking for my accented ' ? '.

Sorry, was too busy looking for my accented ' ? '.
I meant any plans for an *official* Wii/PS3-friendly interface - the WiiPlayer is great, yes, but not publicised or redirected from the iPlayer pages.

I thought there the interfaces were already set up for both PS3 and wii.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cy/where_to_get_iplayer (click on Games Consoles) mentions both by name and I have a vague recollection (although not one that google is helping me prove) that specific versions for each have been released.

I've not turned my wii on for a while, but thought that last time I was demoing it to someone (which I seem to do more than actually use it) that the iPlayer site was adjusted for it.

--billy

--
http://billyabbott.co.uk
Are you on a day pass from Satan?