BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }I
can't imagine it would be THAT difficult to put together a way of
finding the embed code - the question is whether it is allowed or
not.
I knocked together a quick thing for myself with Top Gear video
clips when bbc.co.uk/topgear moved to flash video.
It's a very simple thing and you can see it here - just click Get
Embed Code and it will take you to the list of clips.
http://www.upyourego.com/topgear/a/expire.asp
You could create a simple form where you put the programme code
click get code and it fills out a textarea box with the right code.
In fact here is a quick and nasty one I've built for iPlayer
http://www.upyourego.com/test/pip.asp
But I don't know the exact ins and outs of iPlayer and I'm guessing
it could change at a moments notice and that doing that is probably
against the T&Cs of using iPlayer.
On Fri 16/01/09 12:58 PM , "Steve Bowbrick" [email protected]
sent:
Watchification.com uses the hacky way of embedding - when we first
started to embed (early 2008) various BBC folk told us it was just a
matter of time before it was officially allowed but it looks like
politics/rights issues etc. have held this up.
What I think would be really exciting would be a site/service that
wraps the hacky method in a super-easy front-end allowing anyone to
do it just by selecting a programme from a list (or whatever)...
Steve
>Andrew Bowden
>Fri, 16 Jan 2009 02:33:01 -0800
>
>There's a hacky way that's been published on the old internet
>http://jonathan.tweed.name/2007/12/hacking-the-iplayer-embedded-m
>
>But not a proper way.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [1]
> [[email protected] [2]] On Behalf Of Martin
> & Poppy Hatfield
> Sent: 16 January 2009 09:57
> To: [email protected] [3]
> Subject: Re: [backstage] Iplayer the best video experience online?
>
> > So, to the point: any plans to allow embedding of iPlayer
> content? Is
> > the service providing access to content, or driving traffic
> to bbc.co.uk?
>
> Well someone's already doing it - http://watchification.com/
> - I'd always assumed it was legal! Or is this a special case?
>
> > Oh, while I'm on a roll, any plans for a Wii/PS3-friendly
> interface à
> > la Youtube for Television?
>
> iPlayer with Wii-specific UI has existed for ages - or am I
> missing the point about Youtube for TV here?
>
> MCH
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To
> unsubscribe, please visit
> http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
> Unofficial list archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] [4]/
>
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe,
please
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] [5]/
--
Openness at the BBC: http://commonplatform.co.uk
[email protected] [6]
07768 257 570
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe,
please visit
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/
[7][email protected] [8]/
Links:
------
[1] mailto:[email protected]
[2] mailto:[email protected]
[3] mailto:[email protected]
[4] mailto:[email protected]
[5] mailto:[email protected]
[6] mailto:[email protected]
[7] http://www.mail-archive.com/
[8] mailto:[email protected]