Please don't trim so much, it is very useful to still keep the original
log that is being discussed.

On 12/01/16 11:57, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> <mailingli...@websitemanagers.com.au>:
>> The backup completed with 4181687 files (looks like a bug because bytes
>> equals # files) however, it says there was 1 xferErrs. So we don't know
>> if this caused BPC to mark the backup as incomplete or not.
> Exactly. This server has more or less 150GB of files.
However, we still don't know about the error.

>> 2016-01-10 00:21:40 Aborting backup up after signal INT
>>
>> This line seems to be out of context. I don't think it is related to the
>> previous (completed) backup, and it shouldn't be related to the next
>> backup that hasn't started yet. Did you do something here?
> Probably i've pressed "Stop/dequeue" from the admin panel to skip running
> new backups for a while (it was just a test)
I've pasted the log entry back in, and I don't see that error being
logged from simply pressing stop/dequeue while a backup is not running.
I would expect to see that error if stopping a running backup.

Just as a test, I click stop/dequeue on one of my own BPC v4 servers,
and asked it to prevent any backups for one hour. There was no entry
logged at all for this.

I would strongly suggest that something has happened here which could be
explained by trying lots of random things when trying to get it working.
I'd probably suggest to stop BPC, delete the pc/server1 directory, and
then start BPC, and re-run the first/initial backup. It might be quicker
than the real first backup since a lot of the files will still be in the
pool.
>> Started a incremental backup, given the time, I'm guessing this was
>> started manually, certainly the default doesn't start backups with that
>> sort of offset, especially if it is the only server configured. How did
>> you start this backup? Maybe from the web interface?
> Absolutely nothis. BPC started this incremental on their own.
OK, well, just looks strange.... though technically, it shouldn't matter
how the backups are started, as long as you don't use the CLI tools that
are not meant to be used directly.

>> In any case, it has failed. Can you provide the actual backup log so we
>> can see more details about why it failed?
> How can I get? I've posted the only log that I have in control panel.
> Do you whant the error log ? It's huge and full of sensitive data
Yes, the error log or the xferlog. It should only contain
filenames/directory names, hopefully that is not so sensitive data? At
best, it should contain a lot more detail from any errors encountered.
We don't need (or want) the full log, that could be 100's of MB, but a
reasonable snippet to clearly show what was happening before/after the
relevant errors. At least the first 20 lines and last 20 lines are
usually reasonably useful.

I'm referring to the log file for the specific backup.... So click on
the host, you see the table of backups, and underneath is a table of
Xfer Error Summary which provides links to the XferLOG and Errors.
>> 2016-01-10 19:23:47 full backup started for directory full
>> 2016-01-11 18:16:02 full backup 1 complete, 4090748 files, 4090748
>> bytes, 24 xferErrs (0 bad files, 0 bad shares, 24 other)
>>
>> A full can certainly happen after a failed incremental, we don't know
>> why. Again, the time looks very strange, how was this initiated? Can you
>> provide copies of your configs? The detailed backup logs?
> I've never manually initiated a backup. All automatically by BPC.
>
> Full configuration: http://pastebin.com/vU3Na2tP

No idea.... please post any logs or configs inline in the email. Not
only does that allow people to look at them in the future (ie, the
archives in 2 years time) but also it lets everyone see them without
having to go and refer to another website.

Skipping lines that are blank/commented is usually a good idea. Both the
global config and the host specific config would be useful. Obviously,
obfuscate username/password/etc as needed, but the more you edit the
file the harder it can be to work out what you have obfuscated. eg, it
can be better to change the username jamesw to malcom rather than
changing it to x.

Regards,
Adam

--