Maybe the client has its own firewall?

The BPC timeout setting is ClientTimeout on the Backup Settings page. For
SSH you would have to delve into /etc/ssh_config and /etc/sshd_config. Look
for ConnectionTimeout, ClientAliveInterval, ClientAliveCountMax and
ServerAliveInterval. More details via man ssh_config and man sshd_config.

Robert Trevellyan