On 10,Oct 2011, at 12:02 PM, David Romerstein wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Troy Kocher
> <tkoc...@mtadistributors.com> wrote:
>> 08-Oct 23:48 jailhost-fd JobId 2858: /mnt/foobar/usr/home/ltartmp is a
>> different filesystem. Will not descend from /mnt/foobar/usr into
>> /mnt/foobar/usr/home/ltartmp
>
> From <http://www.sibbald.com/bacula/html-manual/FileSet_Resource.html>:
>
> Bacula's default for processing directories is to recursively descend
> in the directory saving all files and subdirectories. Bacula will not
> by default cross filesystems (or mount points in Unix parlance). This
> means that if you specify the root partition (e.g. /), Bacula will
> save only the root partition and not any of the other mounted
> filesystems. Similarly on Windows systems, you must explicitly specify
> each of the drives you want saved (e.g. c:/ and d:/ ...). In addition,
> at least for Windows systems, you will most likely want to enclose
> each specification within double quotes particularly if the directory
> (or file) name contains spaces. The df command on Unix systems will
> show you which mount points you must specify to save everything.
>
> -- D

Thanks for the response, I'm aware of how recursively descending works.  I use
it on many other snapshot/jails and haven't had any issues getting other deeply
buried folders I need backed up.  It works just as the manual describes.  There
seems to be something unique about how this particular job/snapshot combination
behaves, and that is what I'm trying to troubleshoot.

Troy