Hello,

pon., 28 wrz 2020 o 14:34 Ben Laurie <b...@links.org> napisał(a):

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 18:58, Josip Deanovic <djosip+n...@linuxpages.net>
> wrote:

>> > According to the documentation it just makes it ignore case for pattern
>> > matching, so seems unlikely?
>>
>> I can't say because I didn't use Bacula with Windows a lot.
>> It worked fine back in 2010-2012.
>>
>> > Yes, funny I somehow had not noticed that before - I've added it. I
>> > presume it won't fix this problem, tho.
>>
>> No, but it will make the difference for future backups.
>>

> I tried using accurate but it just caused errors (I forget what now, but
> some problem with database searches?).
>
> In other news, I did a full restore as a test recently and I got quite a
> few errors along the lines of:
>
> 25-Sep 14:46 xxx-fd JobId 35: Error: File /tmp/bacula-restores/k/xxx
> already exists and could not be replaced. ERR=Permission denied.

First of all to properly restore Windows files on any Linux or Unix machine
you have to set a Portable flag for your backup.
With Portable=no (which is a default) Bacula will backup Windows files
using Windows API calls which are not strictly portable to Linux/Unix
read/write. This could explain the backup/restore sizes.
Additionally above "Permission denied" errors are extremely strange and
could directly influence your restore. This could additionally explain the
backup/restore sizes.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski