On 9/7/05, Mark A. Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto,
> 
> At 09:08 AM 9/7/2005, you wrote:
> >>Really?!? I guess I sort of see now where you are coming from but I've just 
> >>had a very different impression of what they were claiming. I've seen maybe 
> >>one website which describes Noachides as a religion of a specific group but 
> >>it seems more like an attempt at a universal human religion.<<
> 
> Many non-Jews are attracted to Judaism. In the Lubavitcher Chasidim, the 
> Noachide movement provides these people with a religious justification for 
> practicing a minimalist version of Judaism without going through the lengthy 
> process required to convert to Orthodoxy and without having to conform to all 
> the mitzvot (commandments) required of its Jewish members.
> 

Yeah, I don't know where our discussion is headed now. I already got
alot of that. I might have said it differently though. I guess it also
allows for a way to spouses of Jews to find a role for themselves.

I guess the main difference is whether Noachides are something recent
or ancient.

 From what I remember, the Temple in Jerusalem had a section for
Gentiles so presumably there would have Noachides of some variety even
in ancient times. And I've already mentioned the Biblical references.

Peace

Gilberto


 
 
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") 
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be 
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The 
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts 
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or 
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail 
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and 
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

Reply via email to