On 10/27/05, Iskandar Hai, M.D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Gilberto Simpson wrote:
> > I'm not going to pretend like I'm some scholarly expert. I've read
> > alot about religion but I don't want to set myself up as an authority.
> > And this might sound bad... but if you just now are getting the
> > group's name correct, then I don't think you are in ANY position to
> > speak so confidently about whether or not the group still exists. You
> > have no basis for saying what you are saying.
> > It is better to just say, that you don't know.
Iskandar:
> Your arguments, if one can call them "arguments", are amzing. What are you
> saying?
I'm saying that I haven't seen a convincing argument one way or
another which says whether anyone descended from Banu Qurayzah is
alive today.
> Just produce someone from banu-Qurayzah and end the discussion. If you
> can't, then just say nothing.
Scott is the one who claimed to know for certain that Banu Qurayzah
was gone, but he didn't know the difference between Qurayzah and
Quraysh. I never claimed they were definitely still around. If you
think they are definitely gone then show the evidence.
Gilberto:
> > There is a famous saying in philosophical circles that says you can't
> > go from an Is to an Ought. Moral values aren't things that you can
> > measure emprically. So in particular, you can't look at history and
> > find evidence that moral values have changed. You might be able to
> > find evidence that people's beliefs about morality have changed, gone
> > up and down like hemlines. But not the values themselves.
> Another nonsense comment.
(sigh)
Peace
Gilberto
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
__________________________________________________
You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]