The Baha'i Studies Listserv
On 11/26/2011 8:58 PM, Ian Kluge wrote:
> However, there are a lot of parallels between Whitehead and Bahai
> ontology. See my article "Process Philosophy and the Bahai Writings"
> in Lights of Irfan Vol 5.
> This article got me an invitation to the Center for Process Studies in
> Calremont and a day with John Cobb who praised by succinct summary of
> Whitehead.

Hi, Ian,

Yep, I read it a while back. As you probably know, the late Dan Jordan
also based much of his Anisa model of education on process thought.

Margaret Archer, probably the most well-known critical realist
sociologist (who has worked with Bhaskar on several projects), combines
Critical Realism with Process thought:

http://www.amazon.com/Realist-Social-Theory-Morphogenetic-Approach/dp/0521484421

To me, however, Roy Bhaskar's contribution was to distinguish between
the unknowable Real and the knowable Actual. The result of Bhaskar's
agnosticism toward the Real (~essences) is a kind of pragmatic
fallibilism (a term he adopts). That makes it somewhat difficult to
reconcile with Whitehead.
---
Regards, Mark A. Foster, Ph.D.
29 domains: http://markfoster.net