Dear Mark,

In your response to William: <>You are using the term
"literalism" differently than I am.<>
Got me thinking this is probably why sometimes your comments
leave me with more questions than answers...  ;- )

Reflecting on other views you've expressed (my past
experience) is it more accurate to say that your usage of the
word "literalism" is more closely related to "realism" in the
sense of observable facts without idealization ?

My question would then be how can an individual or a society
evolve progressively without some form of idealization or
vision of what might be as opposed to what has been ?

I have other questions concerning the relationship of gestalt
to sociology as opposed to psychology.  But,  I'm off to a
busy day culminating in a jazz concert that I've been
anticipating for weeks!  I was raised in Kansas City, (MO)
remember...

Lovingly,  Sandra