Vaughn:  <> ...it makes more sense to me that initially the
Guardian considered the phrase "Immaculate Conception" as
another way to refer to the Virgin Conception of Christ's body
and learned later the differences between the two Catholic
doctrines of "Immaculate Conception" versus "Virgin Birth". <>

Dear Vaughn, Richard, Michael:

I'm inclined to agree with you, Vaughn.  There is a continuing
misconception about the Immaculate Conception even now, for
those of us who are not familiar with Catholic Doctrine.

If one were to survey a group of Protestants from various
denominations I'm fairly confident they would define
"Immaculate Conception" as having to do with the virginity of
Mary at the tme of Jesus' conception.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the King James Bible that
would suggest to the Protestant Christian that Mary, herself,
was conceived "immaculately" through divine intervention -
even to the limitation of absolution of  "original sin"... as
noted in Khazeh's post.

Lovingly,  Sandra