Hallo Martin,

> I have a success, see below :)
That's fantastic!

>>     Since 16.2 you don't need the @ operator any more if you use the new
>>     directory structure.
> Yes, the config tree stems back to good ol' Bacula 5 times... I did not get
> around to "migrate" to the new bareos-dir.d style. But I do not know if
> bareos does filtering based on filenames, with my '@|"sh -c 'for f in
> /etc/bareos/clients/*.conf ; do echo @${f} ; done'"' I can safely ignore
> editor backup/swapfiles and disable jobs by renaming them to
> .conf.disabled....
It works like you want.
I found only one small point. Updates generated here everytime default
files like "BackUpCatalog.conf" or "bareos-dir.conf". I ignore the not
needed files and set them to 1 Byte ("#").

>>     Cleaning the JobDefs and Storage definition should make your
>>     configuration more clear and straight.
> Indeed, apparently the nested JobDefs were the culprit. I flattened them
> (Cut'n'paste all settings to the three "group" JobDefs, and removing the
> top-level one).
> This night, I got up to 9 parallel jobs (woohoo!). Many of them failed due to
> SD errors, as the number of concurrent jobs on the director's Storages
> exceeds the ones on the SD (I assume it would figure this out automatically,
> so I'll align them and see what happens tonight).
allowed nested JobDefs and bad behaviour
or
not allowed nested JobDefs without error and bad behaviour

Bad bug :-(
Good to know your configuration works now and you are happy with bareos

Regards

Stefan

--
*CaC, Computer and Communication*