Am Dienstag, 6. März 2018 14:18:03 UTC+1 schrieb Russell Adams:

> I could use some direction for best practices to resolve when backups to disk
> fill the disk.

In this case, I usually do remove the oldest volumes (based on the file write
date):

1. prune the volume: prune volume=MyVolume-1234
 this AFAIK marks it reuseable if no jobs depend on it. just for a good feeling.

2. purge the volume: purge volume=MyVolume-1234
this removes all jobs that depend on this volume from the DB.

3. delete the volume (in Bareos): delete volume=MyVolume-1234
this removes the reference to the volume from the Bareos DB (but still does not
touch the file on disk)

4. now the file is safe to delete: rm /backup/MyPool/MyVolume-1234

I don't know if there's a better way (e.g. Truncate Volume never worked for
me). But this does well for me. This gives me time to consider my backup
retention periods or to order a bunch of new hard disks.

Cheers,

Martin