Emmanuel Courcelle wrote:
> Hello
>
> Trying to use BASE with affymetrix data.
> I think we missed something... but don't know what
>
> We have created:
> -An array design called ATH1-121501, from the file ATH1-121501.CDF
> -Several raw bioassays fro several .cel files, when I click on the
> bioassays
> -An experiment connected to these bioassays
>
> the Affiy plugin (with RAMExpress and Plier plugins) is installed.
>
> We are trying to create a Root BioAssay.
> Experiment/Analyze/New Root bioAssay Set
>
> 1/ There is a blue link on the window, with the message: "Formula
> intensity calculator: Raw data for raw data type 'Affymetrix' is not
> stored in the database."

This is nothing to worry about. It is coming from the "Formula intensity
calculator" plug-in which doesn't work with Affymetrix data.

> 2/ I can't  see any new Reporter in the View/Reporters

You need to import the reporter from a reporter annotation file (.csv).
See
http://lev.thep.lu.se/trac/baseplugins/browser/tags/se/lu/thep/affymetrix-0.6/README
for details.

> I cannot walk
> accross the raw data from the Raw Bioassay screen. Is this normal
> behaviour with affy data or is there something wrong ?

Yes. There is no raw data except the CEL file. I think you can
download/view it from raw bioassay page.

> 3/ Neither RMAExpress not Plier plugins work (the corresponding binaries
> start, as seen from a "top" on the server, but they end with a stack
> trace, I can send you the trace if needed).

Since you don't have any reporters, this is probably related to that.

/Nicklas