Reha Yildirimman wrote:

> I have another approach and if that seems ineffective to you please
> drop me a line!

We also had that approach to begin with. However we were a bit worried
about database performance since the Affymtrix chips contains a lot
probes. Since most tools needed the CEL and/or CDF files anyway we
decided to not put Affymetrix data into the database.

 > My approach is to change the affymetrix data type
> inside the raw-data-type.xml from a simple file-definition to a
> database-definition like the other data-types defined inside the xml.

You should not change that. I am not sure what will go wrong, but I
think there is code that depends on the default setup. We hope to make
this more flexible in the future.

>  I added properties for the values:  MEAN (float), STDV (float),
> NPIXELS (float) To be able to import data via a base-plugin from a
> CEL file each data line has to have an association to a reporter -
> thus I added a column holding the ProbeSet ID for each CEL file.
>
> My problem is that when I associate a CDF file to an array design -
> which I need for reference purpose - it states under Properties: ****
>  Features: Yes(0) ****

This will not work unless you also have the CEL file at the raw
bioassay. And if you have the CEL file you can't have the data in the
database...

I would recommend that you use the Affymetrix setup as it is. If you
need a different way of calculating the intensity values this should be
done by a plug-in.

/Nicklas