On Mar 31, 2010, at 8:05 PM, srmaximo wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I'm creating a page of guitar strumming patterns on my site, and the
> format I use often requires more than one space between characters.
> So far, I've been accomplishing this by copy/pasting the space entity.

Although your description is fairly clear, we'd probably all be able to guide 
you better if you could provide samples of what you are starting with (the 
HTML) and how you want it to end up. I suspect more than one person could 
suggest using the PRE element if you want to preserve spacing exactly as it 
currently exists.

> This is slow and repetitive work, though. It would speed things up if
> I could just copy the strum pattern in my browser (they're in other
> locations on my site), paste them into the html file in BBEdit,
> highlight it, and then tell BBEdit to convert the spaces to the
> entity.

Have you tried Find and Replace (and selecting the "Selected text only" 
checkbox)? Simply enter a space in the search field and in the replace field 
enter   and then click the "Replace All" button.

I hope that helps.

Ted

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

Reply via email to