> I'm not sure how to do it with built-in commands, but it can
> probably be done with AppleScript. The following will get all
> the project items, then follow that with a sort on the 'name'
> element and then add them again to a new project document.
>
> tell application "BBEdit"
>      get every project item of first project document
>      --get name of every project item of first project document
> end tell
>
> I know that's not really a solution, but hopefully it's enough
> info to create a solution.
>
> Charlie

Thanks for the suggestion Charlie,

I often read here about people using AppleScript to custom-script all
kinds of solutions to their issues.. and I would like to add
AppleScript to my arsenal of skills so i can make my custom scripts
too, when I need them..  But at the moment I still have not written a
single AppleScript.. not even googled the topic to start to learn
which would then qualify me to ask for help with any particular
script.  I don't even know where to begin with your suggestion.

Since my issue is not critical, then for now, let me just say to
everyone - thanks for your attention.
In conclusion, I take it that I am desiring a feature of BBEdit that
does not exist (yet?).
No problem..  the work will all get done one way or another.  I am a
happy coder (using BBEdit) every day already.  ;-)

-Govinda

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.

Reply via email to