On 09/10/2010, at 02:01 , Patrick Woolsey wrote:

> You can do this via a commented line containing '#mark label' where label
> is a string. For example:
> 
> # #mark X marks the spot

I'm obviously doing something wrong. Excited by the new feature* this thread 
revealed to me, I've tried using comment callouts like this:

 #!/usr/bin/env perl
 sub blah {
   }

 # Stuff
 # #mark floogle
 # #bbmark frobnate

 sub dinky {
   }

In my case the only items that show up in the function menu are "blah" and 
"dinky". This happens regardless of whether Text Status Display -> Function 
List -> Show Comment Callouts is checked or not.

Speaking of which, the documentation seems to indicate that this control would 
work contrary to expectations:

> Show Comment Callouts
> 
> When this option is on, BBEdit will suppress callouts embedded in comments 
> from appearing in the Function popup. This option is on by default.

My naive reading of this is that you would uncheck the "Show comment callouts" 
box if you want the function popup to show comment callouts.

I can only find brief mention of "mark", "bbmark" and "comment callout" in the 
documentation (BBEdit Help and the PDF User Manual) and patch notes. No doubt 
five seconds after sending this message to the list I'll stumble across the 
reference telling me how it's all supposed to work :)

Alex

* I've been using BBEdit since System 7 days, so maybe I used to know this and 
have forgotten, or maybe I just haven't found out about it for 15 years…

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to