On 13/10/2010, at 15:12 , Tim Gray wrote:
> I stumbled upon this too. You can't have it in that order. Your mark line
> needs to come at the top of a comment block:
>
>> # #mark floogle # comment body comment body comment body comment body
>> comment body
>> # comment body comment body comment body comment body comment body
I'm still not getting my expectations to conform with reality =(
My BBEdit:
> BBEdit
> a product of Bare Bones Software, Inc.
> version 9.5.1 (2756) of Mon, 26 Jul 2010
> copyright ©1992-2010 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
> serial number (nothing to see here, move along)
> 45 languages installed.
The language modules installed include:
> Perl (9.5.1 (2756))
My modified script:
#!/usr/bin/env perl
use strict;
sub foo {
}
# #mark floogle
# comment body comment body comment body comment body comment body
# comment body comment body comment body comment body comment body
sub baz {
}
I still don't get what I was expecting which is a "floogle" to appear in the
function or "markers" dropdown menus.
On 13/10/2010, at 15:53 , Charlie Garrison wrote:
> I haven't been following this thread too closely. And I'm not familiar with
> this feature. Are you saying that the above marker/comment block in a perl
> file should create an entry in the function popup?
I was *hoping* it would do so. While the "# #mark blah" syntax works for
Python, and I assume is what is referred to in the documentation as "comment
callouts", it doesn't work for Perl (perhaps it requires a different syntax?).
To illustrate, this broken Python works:
def x:
foo.bar()
# #mark foo
# more comments
def baz:
foo.baz()
In that "◊ foo" appears in the function drop-down menu, between "x" and "baz"
unless you have set the function dropdown to sort alphabetically.
As for me? I'll just crawl back into my cave and wait until one of the BBEdit
folks chimes in to tell us that Python is the One True Language that gets all
the love :)
Alex
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>