On 10/13/2010, Tim Gray said:
I'm sorry. I totally missed that you were talking about perl
originally. From what I've seen, there is a 'comment marker'
syntax for TeX, Python, and C variants. There might be for
other languages as well, but as you have found, it's terribly
undocumented. I found hints of this behavior in old release notes.
I was going to make some joke about knowing the guy who wrote
these modules, and beating him until he produces an update to
the perl module which supports something like the Python
module's #mark. However…
It makes sense that it's on a language by language basis, since
each language has it's own syntax parser module. If I were a
betting man, I'd say this functionality might work for
Javascript and Ruby as well, amongst others, since the author
of all of these parsing modules is the same:
<http://www.truerwords.net/6164>
Yeah, you caught me.
The Perl module doesn't support it, as BB hasn't done an update
for it. Perl's syntax is so hairy that I'm not sure anybody
really wants to touch that module. Let me say that another way:
perl's syntax is so hairy that I'm sure nobody really wants to
touch that module.
(It's certainly not my place to say if it will or won't happen,
though. I can only make those sorts of decisions when I take
possession of Mr. Siegel's brain, which has proven difficult of late.)
Actually, IMO this has pointed out a bug in the python module,
too. Needing to use ##mark instead of just #mark is silly, at
best. (I'm pretty sure that only #mark was required when I first
wrote it... it may have been altered, intentionally or
otherwise, at some later time.)
Seth
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>