On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Charlie Garrison wrote:
I doubt it's the One True Language, but it certainly gets more love than
Perl. The Perl syntax highlighter is still completely broken when functions
have parameterized attributes. And that's actually main reason I want the
#mark feature, as a fix the broken Perl syntax parser. Even better would be a
fixed syntax parser. :-D
I also am eagerly awaiting Perl improvements in BBEdit; the lack of
support for parameterized attributes that you mention above has been
a source of pain for me lately. I filed a bug about this some time ago.
I did recently stumble upon a workaround. I had been coding like
this:
sub myFoo : Test(startup => 1) {
...
}
and myFoo did not show up in the function dropdown.
However, when I accidentally messed up my spacing like this:
sub myFoo:Test(startup => 1) {
...
}
then myFoo:Test appeared in the function dropdown.
It's not ideal, because it deviates from my group's coding standards
(and my personal preferences), but it's far superior to the function
not appearing at all.
--
David Dierauer
Software Engineer
[email protected]
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>