I recently wrote a simple HTML5 form test page and I noticed the following in
Mac Safari (5.0.3):

- a numbers field won't use the increment/decrement toggle buttons for decimals.

- datetime, datetime-local and date are only demonstrating a text input.  I
believe Opera displays a proper calendar, which from what I understand, is a
goal of having those fields.  This also doubles as a problem because of the
date format.  I've had clients which requested mm-dd-yy format.  Perhaps
something more complex such as a MySQL formatting could help, but then we get
back to the whole calendar presentation issue.

- time defaults to a 24 hour clock format.

- range has the slider, but there is nothing to demonstrate what the minimum
and maximum values are, along with chosen value and incremental values.

- field specific validation on the form submit didn't throw any errors, but was
demonstrated in other browsers

They all "work", but it seems quite far from where we could call it "useable"
without having to rewrite the majority of code to wrap around it.  Not to
mention the differences amongst browsers.

I can see BBEdit being inside the realm of providing dialog boxes (what I
called the GUI) with options for things like range limits, step values, etc.