On 2011-02-06, at 10:42 AM, Brian M. Frick wrote:

> The article that, I believe it was Tom, posted, explains quite specifically
> how you can code in HTML5 and current browsers will gracefully ignore the new
> tags.  I have begun coding all my sites in HTML5 and would *never* go back.

I've seen and tested otherwise.

> As for BBEdit -- they probably have no reason to implement something that's
> not quite yet set in stone; and to do so takes some time and thought.  In
> other words, t'll be there when it gets there.

If it was a graceful transition, then the tools should be made available as
people would choose to be coding or testing in 5.  Just because it's there
doesn't mean people have to use it.  And it is "there" as a new document
choice, but falls short elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice on "it's here when it's here".  I didn't know that.