On Feb 7, 2011, at 1:37 PM, BeeRich wrote:

>> On 2011-02-06, at 10:42 AM, Brian M. Frick wrote:
>>
>> In other words, t'll be there when it gets there.
>
> If it was a graceful transition, then the tools should be made available as
> people would choose to be coding or testing in 5.  Just because it's there
> doesn't mean people have to use it.  And it is "there" as a new document
> choice, but falls short elsewhere.

This is just a guess but I think Brian was saying that the HTML 5 specification
isn't "there" yet. Again, I'm just getting into HTML 5 (and thus, am speaking
out of ignorance, not uncommon mind you) but I don't recall seeing an official
HTML 5 specification and until one is published, change happens (much to the
chagrin of our beloved BBEdit developers).

> Thanks for the advice on "it's here when it's here".  I didn't know that.

And to paraphrase a famous politician, I think that depends on what the
definition of "it" is ;-)

Ted Stresen-Reuter

PS: Extra credit for those who correctly guess the original quote and can cite
the source!