On May 3, 12:09 pm, David Brostoff <[email protected]> wrote: > I have been happily using TextWrangler for a few years now. Most of > what I do is fairly low-level work on HTML files that someone else has > created.
What is "low-level"? > I recently tried the BBEdit free trial but didn't really see anything > that I needed. http://bbedit.com/products/bbedit/comparison.html > Today, though, someone mentioned the preview feature, Preview may or may not be helpful in this situation. If you work in a web framework or use virtual URLs or edit an included file, then Preview does not help much. But if you edit a single HTML file and Preview it, Preview will update its display of the file as you edit it. No need to switch to a web browser and refresh. The multi-file search is hands down the best feature. Let's say your "Chief Window Washer" gets fired for peeking through too many windows, and is replaced by another person. Now you need to find and replace every instance of their email address or telephone extensions throughout the site. Multi-file search handles that brilliantly. I also love the text completion, HTML tools, saving the state of my files, text factories, SVN integration, and ponies. --steve -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at <http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en> If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>
