Michael Buesch wrote:

> So, well. I'd say the new code is identical. The IHR bit is set earlier.
> The INFRA bit is just bogus to set here. We set it later when selecting
> the operation mode. b43legacy_adjust_opmode()
>
> The fact that the while-loop does exit without an error means that the
> microcode
> does in fact run properly.
>
> I'd probably print the value of the MACCTL register just after
> the IRQ_REASON write.

I don't know what happened, but when I tested further, the extra test
of the ucode running was not needed.

I have some questions about the MACCTL register and phy->gmode. Should
the GMODE bit in MACCTL only be set if the device has a G PHY, and
should phy->gmode stay zero for my B-PHY device?

Thanks,

Larry