Le Sunday 22 June 2008 18:05:26 Larry Finger, vous avez écrit :

> As Ehud stated, there is something strange about Debian systems. I'm
> currently trying to help Ubuntu 8.04 users get their devices working.
>
> Larry

Just a quick note about this : when using the firmware suggested on the b43
homepage, I get tons of PHY transmission error (basically when watching tv
streams).

I tried the debian script I mentioned in another thread which didn't download
the 4.150.10.5 firmware but the one suggested for 2.6.24 kernels (4.80.53.0).

With this firmware, I don't get PHY reports anymore and I get less freezes (so,
maybe the problem is still present but doesn't appear in the dmesg log)

kernel version : 2.6.25-5
b43-fwcutter version 011

I hope this may be useful for your investigations :)