Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2010 23:25:48 William Bourque wrote:
>> So if I get this right, this code is responsible of handling the b43
>> devices, as well as several other PCI-E devices, correct?
>
> Nah, this is a broadcom specific thing of the on-chip SSB bus.

Ok, sorry then :)

>> Because now that you mention this, the wired network card (Marvel Yukon,
>> with sky2 drivers) on this netbook also have a tons of issue (doesn't
>> show in lspci on a clean boot, oops the kernel if network cable is
>> unplugged while in use, fails to load if the module is ever unloaded, ... )
>> I thought it was unrelated but from your comment, I feel like this could
>> be linked to the same PCI-E bugs as well.
>
> Uh, well. Are you sure your hardware is OK then?

I sure hope so. The laptop is very new and I never had trouble with it,
but to tell the truth, it is a refurbished model so can't say for sure.

I think the hardware is fine but there is _very weird_ stuff about the
laptop... I feel like their ACPI implemention is nowhere near standard
and that might cause the problems. It's like everything on this laptop
is under a very agressive power management that bypass the OS and
confuse drivers. But again, it's just a feeling, I don't really have
much facts that back up this theory ;)

- William