Dear Gil.
I also find it fascinating to observe this mechanism that regulates what and
when plants will grow in a certain area.One factor that I have observed that
determines where a plant will grow has to do with the polarity of the land
and the polarity of the plant. Like poles repel, unlike poles attract.
Where the polarity changes, so the vegetation changes.
Over a period of time I have followed the discussion on paramagnetic rock
dust, trying to follow a thread that I intuitively feel is not the answer to
explaining soil fertility. From my experience with working on our mountain,
it has become obvious that on these red basalt volcanic soils that are found
in various areas on the east coast of Australia, the key is to maintain the
organic matter in the soil.
All of my farming practices derive from this need to maintain organic matter
in the soil. While this strategy is important it is no more important than
to build up the nutrient profile of the soil. In an earlier post Jose spoke
about starving the soil of nutrients, which in turn will wind up starving
your bank balance. Unfortunately in Australia we dont get subsidies to be
innefficient.
Test a lot of practices against the whet stone of economics and many of them
come up wanting, because if we cannot sustain ourselves we are not really
farming sustainably. The economics of using potentised preps, and/or
potentised mineral substances will show that they work and are cost
effective.
Lili Kolisko in her longitudinal study over 20 years proved conclusively
that potentisation actually did work.Sixty years later there is still
argument over using potentised substance. Anyone who does not believe this
work can easily set about to replicate it in pot trials.
Last Friday Barbara and I went to a seminar at the newly established Organic
research centre at Bathurst where they had gathered a panel of speakers from
all over Australia to present their findings on research into "Carbon based
agriculture". Now that may not sound so exciting except that what they spoke
about was no different to what we discus on BDnow. They started off with the
need for maintaining organic matter content of the soil. The role of
microorganisms was covered, followed by a stroll through their first
tentative efforts at large scale compost making. What was interesting was
their acceptance of the fact that you could use homoeopathic doses of what
they call mineral enhancers or compost enhancers.  They did not need to know
how these enhancers were made, only seeing if there was any appreciable
measurable results.This confirmed my idea that we speak different languages
of a common tongue. You dont need to explain Biodynamics in physical terms,
if you accept the validity of some other persons argument then they are
prepared to listen to yours.
You state "It may be that the real function of the Preps is to do with
acting as an Antenna, a
 Resonator and a Transmitter, collecting, tuning and distributing energies
 (yet to be identified?) that are involved in life it's self." When I look
clairvoyantly at the effects of spraying out the preps it is as if I have
sprayed out billions of tiny crystals which receive cosmic energies and
condense them into a form that can be assimilated by all life forms.This
concurs with your proposition that the preps act as an antennae.
 Now this may fit in fine with ideas that we have to act physically to have
some effect, but how do we explain the use of a Moody coil or a Lakhovsky
coil to increase growth without coming to the conclusion of the the quantum
physicist that in reality there is only consciousness and energy.
Each one feeds upon and finds expression in the other.
Greetings
James.