----- Original Message -----
From: Rambler Flowers LTD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: "Three-Up Tour" & compost tea brew

> Hi Lloyd I have made a small 50Litre brewer made from an old stainless
> steel LPG cylinder with a couple of air stones an air pump it cost me
about
> $60. I have used worm compost worm leachate, comphrey tea with some
> equisetum
> and barrel compost,humic acid, hydroslated fish kelpand rockdust to
produce
> a rich smelling frothy ttea in about 24 hrs. I have been aiming for a
> balanced fungal/bacterial tea this has been fed to the crop through the
> trickle and overhead irrigation. I have been impressed on simple and easy
it
> is to make and  use. Even tho we have had one of the most  difficult
growing
> seasons  for a long time  I am very impressed with the  quality of my
crops
> .Best yet.
> Have you had any sample testes by SFW yet?
Hi Tony
I have not had any tests done - like you I am relying on feel and smell, we
are only applying to fallow ground and stubble residue at the moment, I
would use the brix meter on crop. I put my brew straight out - I do a tank
at evening and morning and am running the brewer like a ginger beer plant -
take out half the mix and top up with more water and nutrient - its back to
full strength in 6 to 8 hours - (forgot - I took the compost bag out after
24 hours - I think its a major source of the dreaded biofilm/anaerobic stuff
as it gets old) dont know how long this will last for but boy its simple!. I
dare say Elaine would not approve of my methods, and if this was going on
food crops we would have to test (funny how you can spray endosulfan on
tomatoes two days before harvest without needing to test for residue - but
compost tea is dangerous). Keep in touch , this is looking interesting.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles