Dear Gil and everybody,
You suggest that you are puzzled at the idea of advertising. I think that
everything that one does or says advertises something about oneself. Your
puzzlement just advertises to me that you are happy with where you are
without needing to go any further..
I suppose you could classify my passion for sustainable farming as being
like evangelism. evangelism succeeds because it appeals to the emotions,
although I think that there is not anyone in the organic movement who has
that sort of mass appeal and charisma. If they did we would have the score
as  Evangelists for agriculture 1 -  chemicals nil.
What I am getting at is that there is a need to promote your ideas if you
want to expand whatever your area of interest is. If I have a product that
is able to kill off St John's Wort and dramatically stop the seed bank in
the soil from germinating, what do I do? Do I sit at home complaining that
no one is interested in my ideas, or do I go out and tell Landcare groups
and other farmers about the method.
The whole history of the world is a story of competition of ideas. Certainly
right down through the ages there have been innumerable instances of people
with ideas being thwarted by officialdom in whatever form that has taken,
there are innumerably more recorded cases of someone who has had an idea and
have been able to develop it.. It all depends on where you sit, some people
are pessimists and others are optimists. The universe provides plenty of
opportunities for each aspect to be able to express themselves.
 I personally am optimistic about the long term viability of  Earth and the
people and animals upon it.

Life is not a completion where everybody needs to go head to head with each
other. There seems to be a paranoia with many people with the chemical
companies who might squash small people such as Hugh, you or I. Bully
tactics may be the norm for some multinationals, but if you look at the
share price of Monsanto there is not a lot of future for their business
model. When it gets to the stage that the US department of justice is
getting close to bringing an antitrust case against Monsanto, and the US
Department of Agriculture is so concerned about Monsanto's GM wheat that
they have banned it until Monsanto or any other company can prove that there
is sufficient demand for their product.
Life cannot be lived in fear about what someone else might do to you. If a
person puts out that they are a potential victim then the odds are that
someone will oblige.
The type of problems that I see as worth solving are those to which there
are not answers at the moment. tasks such as creating stock drenches that
overcome the worm resistance problem and that are as easy to use as putting
the mixtures into the stock drinking troughs.
There is not a need to compete in the same products. Products are just a
commodity which some person has developed to service a perceived need.
Peoples needs change, and they will change quicker if there are products
available that meet these altered needs or perceptions.
How you are going to get to these people who supposedly have bought radionic
instruments and don't know how to use them, without advertising in some
form, is beyond my comprehension. Unless they all belonged to some common
organization where do you start. My method is just fulfilling the needs
wherever they may occur.
You say that you personally have never needed to ask some one to plant a
tree but at some point someone has had to sow the seed of the idea that
there is some sort of payback for planting a tree.  The organization that
you belong to has obviously at some time needed to tell people what they do.
Someone at some time has had to do some promotion or marketing. If I am
wrong and you have developed a way of telling people what you do without
marketing in some way you will save me a lot of money and time in educating
people.
 If the no marketing or advertising idea can be used to set up a business
with no inputs from anybody then we may have the start of a new system of
economics.
When are you going to start your training course that has been in the wings
for some time now. That would certainly give the basis for professional
accreditation if you were prepared to expend the necessary energy and take
the economic risks which this would incur. how you are ever going to get
this started without marketing or advertising in some way would be
interesting to see.
Kind regards
James Hedley