Dear Lloyd and everybody,
I suppose that dirty tactics is one way of living in the world. Just because
that method of doing business is favoured by some does not mean that every
one must follow it to succeed.
 I still don't understand how we can keep our heads down and not say
anything to anybody about what we do. If there was no advertising in any way
associated with an Arden Anderson or a Gary Zimmer tour how does the word
get around. These tours are successful because people have worked out how to
create events.
Do you think that the recent tour by Hugh would have been successful without
the inspiration and support of everyone who worked very hard to put the tour
together?
I suppose that it all depends what skills each person has in their bag of
tricks and how much passion they are prepared to expend to try to get
something to happen.
On our refrigerator we have a little frig magnet that says that 'A life
lived without passion is a life half lived'. I am passionate about what I
do, for me it is my 'raison d'etre'.
You also are passionate about what you do about your farming and trying to
find better ways to overcome problems. One of the problems is that we have
chosen to work on and with the land, it defines our philosophical
viewpoints. To this extent we may tend to not be as entrepreneurial as a
businessman who could take any one of our ideas and methods and make a
business out of them.
To get past the one man band, (if we should want to), requires the input of
many different skills. It is my passion which is leading me along the path
of seeing if I have entrepreneurial skills as well as problem solving
skills.
How is the crop planting going at Narrandera?
Kind regards
James Hedley.