Dear Hugh

Thanks for an interesting note - your mexican friend is obviously enjoying his success.
I think the major problem with the old guard in Australia was one of communication (lack of it) , that disenchanted farmer that I quoted said " Alex wont address the problem", it should have been up to the farmer himself to recognise the problem in its early stages and to do something positive about it himself, and after twenty or so years as a practicing, certified, Biodynamic producer he should have been equipped to do that without needing to call on the services of the master.

Lloyd,

This is too, too right, and is one of the important differences between Cheryl and Hamish's group and Alex's. Cheryl and Hamish spur their farmers on to ever greater heights and though this makes them a bit dependent on the central leadership for ever more and better learning experiences, in the long run there is a wealth of very, very BD wise and capable farmers out there instead of one Guru.

Striving for certification is part of the problem - there are rewards for organic certified produce - but I think only isolated opportunities for further premiums (above organic) from Demeter and then only for restricted quantities and specific situations.
Our newer (Biodynamic Agriculture) organisation has taken a more open and educational position and many farmers are learning to do things for themselves. There will be more mistakes made for sure, but learning always involves mistakes.

Again, too right. If you aren't making any mistakes you aren't learning anything, and you probably aren't even doing very much.

If the traditionalists manage to take over that organisation (and its likely, politics being what it is )

Let's hope it takes them a while. But you're right that it is the way of organizations. Henry David Thoreau said, "Just as when there is a lull in a storm a snowdrift piles up, when there is a lull in the truth an organization springs up."

Best,
Hugh

then there are enough of us free thinking loonies on the outside to carry things forward whatever happens.
I believe that homeopathic remedies and what I term low level radionics - field broadcasters, potentiser instruments, (and probably some of the paper based systems),  combined with dowsing and basic soil remineralising are the way of the future for agriculture. Energy farming!
I sure have met some interesting people in the last few years!
Cheers all
Lloyd Charles