Resonant Info wrote:

Roger, that is hardly the origin of the saying. From the google I did it looks like it was in common theosophical usage, apparently quoting from Hindu "scripture", but I couldn't find a source.

Just testing ;)

On pages 279/280 of the English translation of 'The Story of My Life' by Rudolph Steiner PhD, copyright 1928 by Anthroposophical Publishing Co, are to be found the following lines:

'A second foundation was the Giordano Bruno Union. In this the idea was to bring together such persons as were sympathetic toward a spiritual-monistic philosophy. Emphasis was placed upon the idea that there are not two world-principles - matter and spirit- but that spirit constitutes the sole principle of all existence. Bruno Wille inaugurated the Union with a very brilliant lecture based upon the saying of Goethe: "Never matter without spirit."

The URL is wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GA028/TsoML/GA028_c29.html

Also referred to at http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GA007/English/GA007_Giordano.html but I think deriving from the same source.

    I wonder what the Salamanders, Undines, Sylphs and Earthlings
    think of this?

I wonder if they "think" of this at all?

I would think they have more impirtant things to think about!

3 Kings prep? I don't use it, nor agnihotra.

I have a friend who swears by agnihotra, don't fancy the idea of it myself

--

Roger