On 3/27/2014 3:26 PM, Robert Nelson wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for testing the beta images!
>
> In this last last week window I've rolled in many of your changes.
>
> So please continue to use the bug tracker:
> http://bugs.elinux.org/projects/debian-image-releases

I haven't been able to get the elinux bug tracker to let me post
anything, so forgive me for posting a few comments here.  These are from
the 3/19 image, so I apologize if any have been addressed, and they
mostly fall under "personal preference" rather than actual bugs.

* I like to add console=tty0 so startup kernel messages go to both the
serial console and to the HDMI screen, if connected.  While less
information is displayed with systemd than previously, if the kernel
hangs for some reason at boot this could avoid the need for a serial
cable which a lot of people won't have.

* Given the target audience, I would add a terminal short-cut on the
application launch bar next to the web browser.  It's not hard to get to
on the menu, but that's one of the first changes I made to the 3/19 image.

* I'm not sure who made the black desktop background, but I find it
horrid (just the black part...the beagle is cute!) and would much rather
see something lighter.  I'm not aware of any other GUI environment that
ships with a black background as default, and out of all the
professional programmers I know, only one uses this sort of color scheme.

I'm working through the process of trying to install MachineKit /
LinuxCNC via packages (including the kernel and Xenomai user-mode), and
will switch to the new image for further testing.

Keep up the great work!

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net