On 3/28/2014 5:12 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> On 3/28/2014 5:04 PM, Robert Nelson wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Charles Steinkuehler
>> <char...@steinkuehler.net> wrote:
>>> * Given the target audience, I would add a terminal short-cut on the
>>> application launch bar next to the web browser.  It's not hard to get to
>>> on the menu, but that's one of the first changes I made to the 3/19 image.
>>
>> Sounds like a nice addon, do you have an example i can pull in?
>
> I just right-clicked the application launcher section and added the
> terminal program.  I can crawl around and try to find the modified file
> if that would help.

I found the config file under .config.  It looks easy enough to make a
diff to add the terminal button, I'll try to verify it works properly
from a fresh install and send it along.

Another feature I forgot to mention:
You might want to disable the password request when running sudo, since
the system is automatically logging folks in.  To do this, you drop a
file in /etc/sudoers.d and remove the user from the admin list.  Details:

https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/omap-image-builder/blob/MachineKit/machinekit/scripts/110.etc.shr#L12

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net