I have not tried it. No time, yet. It seems like a much simpler solution
than mine.

What I intend to do is look in the .service file called by Frederik's
solution, and
see what that uses for dependencies they used for starting the service.

Thanks,
--- Graham

==

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Nathaniel Johnson <
gruyere.emmenta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Graham, did you try Fredrik's solution?  It works fine for me though left
> the auto wlan0 line in the interfaces file.
>
> -Nathaniel
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Graham Haddock <gra...@flexradio.com>
> wrote:
>
>> To get a reliable start of the WiFi service with jessie, I did the
>> following:
>>
>> 1.) do NOT uncomment the wireless enable/start lines in
>> /etc/network/interfaces.
>> This would try to start up the WiFi before USB is up and running and
>> stable.
>> Apparently, once "wpa_supplicant" gets the error, it will not try again.
>>
>> 2.) I wrote a file named wlan0-start.timer, that waits 30 seconds after
>> the start of boot, which
>> ends up being about 5 seconds after the end of booting.
>>
>> 3.) I wrote a file named wlan0-start.service that calls a script named
>> wlan0-start.sh
>> This service is started when the .timer of the same file name is
>> satisfied.
>>
>> 4.) I wrote a script named wlan0-start.sh that simply calls  'ifup wlan0'
>>
>> So, it appears that the normal .service dependency
>> 'WantedBy=multi-user.target'
>> does not wait long enough for the USB subsystem to be fully running.
>>
>> If you try to start "wpa_supplicant" without the USB subsystem running,
>> it fails, hangs, and will not respond to later attempts to re-start.
>>
>> If you can find the right dependency for wlan0-service, you might come up
>> with a simpler solution.
>>
>> I gave up looking, and just wait 30 seconds (which is after the start of
>> boot, not
>> the end of boot) which gives USB subsystem time to come up, and then
>> start the Wifi sub-system, and everything works.
>>
>> This is not the optimum solution, but it does work.
>>
>> --- Graham
>>
>> ==
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Upol Ryskulova <upol.ryskul...@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Graham,
>>> I have problem in getting stable wireless connection on BBB. I asked this
>>> quiestion
>>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/beagleboard/Beaglebone$20black$20$3A$20Using$20Systemd$20service$20to$20make$20wireless$20stable$20is$20not$20working$20as$20expected/beagleboard/nlerqNauuGw/ursY7OfJAJ4J>
>>> yesterday, but then saw your answer here. Tried to force systemd service to
>>> start running after 30 sec as you said. And edited my service like this
>>> [Unit]
>>> Description=Ifup wlan automatically
>>>
>>> [Service]
>>> Type=oneshot