> *I think William is right about developing natively on the beaglebone. The
> GUI design could be done from other desktop and copied to BBB, or done
> natively. So are the cpp files (if you are using C++, I don't know how to
> do other languages like Python or bonescript). But all the program files
> (to me there are only four: mainwindow.h, mainwindow.cpp, mainwindow.ui,
> and mian.cpp) should be kept together into a single folder (the folder's
> name should be the project's name), and compiled and built by very simple
> command as follows: 1) qmake - project; 2) qmake; 3) make.*

Well more exactly *compile* natively. But I think you got the idea. As for
the devils advocate "thing" I know what I would have done, and it probably
had nothing to do with what either of you were trying to accomplish.

So what I would have done - Is that I would have forgotten about the LCD,
and tossed together a Nodejs app, and had the GUI on a remote web browser
page. Honestly I really do not care for javascript much, but if I needed a
super quick proof of concept - that probably would have been the easiest
route for me. For you two . . . no idea.

Anyway, like I said, that does not sound like the direction that either of
you wanted to go.